Here is a list of foods that I have been recommended to include in my diet. Most of this information comes from the nutrition section of Dr Christina Downing Orr’s book Beating Chronic Fatigue, with some supplementary advice from my nutritionist.
- Lean Protein at every meal (chicken, turkey, lamb, offal, fish (inc. oily), eggs, nuts and seeds)
- Green vegetables and salads
- Water and herbal teas
- shitake mushrooms
- Seeds (sunflower, pumpkin and flax)
- fresh spices and herbs (ginger, garlic, cinamon and fresh herbs)
- Natural yogurt from goat or sheeps milk
- Oat and rice milk
- Extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Apples, plums, pears and berries
- Endives and green leaves
- Garlic, leeks, onions, shallots
- If sleeping is an issue then include a small portion of whole brown rice or quinoa with evening meal
- Aim for 1/3 protein to 2/3 carbohydrates for every meal. Carbohydrates should be in the form of vegetables as much as possible
I challenge you to try something new and see how many of these foods you can include in your diet over the next 2 weeks.
In reviewing this list there are a few things that I need to work on.
If you want to know why I’m trying to eat plenty of these foods then keep reading.