As you have probably gathered I’m no longer regularly updating this blog. I decided that after completing my coast to coast bike ride and proving to myself that I really was fully recovered it was time to move on. I’m still doing well, and I’m living life to the full.
In this post I want to share some of my posts that document how I went from lying down most of the time, and using a mobility scooter and electric bike to get around to recovering my health and cycling the coast to coast bike ride in Summer 2015
Although I’m no longer updating the blog, I hope it provides inspiration and help for those suffering with ME/CFS. Below are some links to what I consider some of the most important information about my recovery, and I hope they will be helpful to others in their recovery. Hopefully this will enable easy access to the most important posts, without needing to trawl the archives, although there are lots more great posts in the archives if these don’t satisfy you.
- This post will tell you more about what Life with ME/CFS was like for me.
- How I dealt with my Adrenal Fatigue
- What supplements I took/take
- Why I take Magnesium
- my 9 tips for surviving Christmas with ME/CFS/PVF
- 9 things to remove from your life to aid recovery
- Surviving Post Exertional Malaise – PEM A Survival Guide
- The habits of Recovery
- Are you willing to change your life to regain your health?
- Meditation was hugely important for me, and is something I’m still practicing.
- The Habits of Recovery
- My Far infrared Sauna
- Sleep – the foundation of recovery, and yet so difficult to sort out.
- The Stop process
- Focus on what you’re increasing, not decreasing.
- Sometimes you need to Take a step backwards
- Nutrition was hugely important for me. Here’s a few links to posts about food:
If you’ve just come across this blog; welcome and I’m sorry if you or someone you know is suffering with ME/CFS. My recovery involved huge changes in my lifestyle and habits. This isn’t easy, but it is possible. I hope that some of what helped me also helps you.
Best wishes and good luck